- 24-Oct-2013 to 31-Dec-2014 (EST)
- ProNorth Transportation
- Mississauga, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Competitive Salary and Benefits Offered
POSITION: Owner/ Operator
LOCATION: Mississauga Terminal/ Southern Ontario
REPORTS TO: Driver Manager
SALARY LEVEL: Competitive Rates and Health Benefits
Positive attitude and a love for driving – if you have these attributes then we want you on the ProNorth Team.
Striving to re-infuse the trucking industry as an innovative contender in delivering the highest levels of services for clients, ProNorth Transportation is looking for vibrant, energetic and enthusiastic individuals to lead our team to success. In an industry that is competitive on all levels, ProNorth is looking for a team that understands how to deliver results.
As we look to expand and continue to push our brand, we need a dedicated team of leaders to share our vision for client satisfaction. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive rates and full health benefits for our team members. ProNorth attempts to work with all of our Drivers to make sure that we give them the runs they want, while staying competitive with our per-mile rate.
We look forward to receiving your application and connecting with you...
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Drive assigned routes within your preferred driving areas to have truck/trailer loaded or unloaded of various materials that are being hauled. Driver will perform daily Pre and Post-trip inspections of vehicle and trailer. Driver will complete and submits the vehicle condition report at the end of the shift. Driver will be responsible for securing receipts for loads dropped off or loads received. ProNorth is expanding our operations out of the Mississauga Terminal and we are looking for Owner/ Operators to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to maintain own equipment - Perform visible inspections of the vehicle and trailer to inspect for safe operations – visual checks of potential water, oil, fuel, hydraulic and air leaks
- Ability to communicate effectively with dispatch team
- Conduct inspections of all safety equipment, gauges, fluid levels, lighting system, and check to ensure that all electrical systems are operational
- Connect and disconnect semi-trailer and hoses
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
- Assist customers with inquiries and information requests and, on occasion, assist with working to resolve customer complaints
- Maintain and up-to-date drivers log throughout the duration of each shift
- Must be able to perform physical work at times (lifting in excess of 50lbs)
- Complete driver logbooks, bill of lading, inspection reports (pre, post, en-route) and accident/ incident reports
- Use of satellite tracking equipment - ProNorth installs at no expense to the Owner/ Operator
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
No Resume Required. We accept all applicants on our career portal.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings